10 Automotive Maintenance Tips Every Driver Should Know
When it comes to your luxury Jaguar vehicle, keeping up with your automotive maintenance schedule means a better performing car on the roads of Los Angeles. The Jaguar experts at our service center work hard to ensure that your vehicle continues performing at its best. Here are essential automotive maintenance tips that every driver should know about.
What You Need To Know
- Know the Manual: The vehicle’s owner’s manual is the key to helping you check everything properly while keeping your car running smoothly for longer.
- Inspect the Vehicle: Review the owner’s manual for details about the things you should be able to identify. It won’t be long before you’re able to notice signs of leaks or flat tires that you can have fixed before they turn into something more serious.
- Check Your Tires: Invest in a tire pressure gauge, which makes monitoring your vehicle’s tire pressure simple. Test your tires to ensure they are at the recommended levels, and check the tread for signs of wear right at home using a penny. Place the penny with Lincoln’s head facing down; if you can see all of the head, have your tires replaced.
- Check the Engine Oil Level: Oil helps reduce friction, overheating, and excessive wear in the engine. Locate the dipstick and check the oil levels. Be sure to also check the color of the oil. A darker color indicates a change is needed.
- Check the Engine Coolant: Refer to your owner’s manual to see where the coolant reservoir is located, then make sure the coolant levels are where they need to be.
- Inspect the Engine Air Filter: Regularly check the engine air filter to make sure there’s no debris clogging the filter. If it’s clogged or dirty, have it replaced.
- Use the Right Fuel: Each model has a recommended octane rating. Pay close attention to this rating when filling up at the pump. Using a lower level octane fuel can cause a “knocking” sound.
- Inspect Light Bulbs: Being able to see at night and having others be able to see you is essential. It’s recommended to regularly check each bulb and replace any when needed.
- Inspect the Windshield Wipers: There’s nothing worse than driving in bad weather conditions and the windshield wipers are not working correctly. Learn how to check if your vehicle’s windshield wipers are working properly, as well as how to replace them.
- Keep Track of Maintenance: Whether this means writing down the last time your vehicle had an oil change or when you last changed the bulbs, it’s essential to keep track of when these tasks were completed to ensure that you’re better managing future routine maintenance checks.
Get More Service Advice From Jaguar Anaheim Hills
Make sure that you’re on top of your automotive maintenance schedule while learning how to perform these basic maintenance tasks. For additional automotive maintenance tips like how to disinfect your vehicle or to schedule a service appointment, give us a call! We also offer service specials to make your visit more affordable.